Guidelines and Policies
myBrandeis Usage and Operational Notes
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties are those of the respective author(s) and not of Brandeis University. Neither Brandeis University nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
Decisions of content moderators are final. For more information on discussion forum policies, see the Discussion Board FAQ.
We reserve the right to exclude users from this online community.
We do our best to keep the Calendar up-to-date with all the latest events. We do not guarantee the accuracy of calendar events. If you want to list your events on the calendar or have any other questions about this feature please read the Calendar FAQ.
Club Center is maintained by the Brandeis University Student Union. Frequently asked questions about the club center can be found in the Club Center FAQ. All other Club Center questions should be addressed to the Student Union.
The classifieds system is provided as a service to the community. Postings, notices of sale, and notices of purchase made in the myBrandeis Classifieds system are non-binding. We are not responsible for damaged, defective, or non-existent merchandise. Brandeis University does not verify or investigate the information posted to the classifieds. Brandeis University does not assume any responsibility or make any warranty, express or implied, regarding the accuracy or or completeness of any information in the classifieds, nor does it endorse any of the information or listings contained therein.
Back to top.
We collect personal information from you when we believe we can use it to provide you with some service. For example, we ask for your email
address so that we can notify you when someone responds to a question
that you've posted in a discussion forum.
You have some control over the extent to which your personal
information is kept private. However, here are some examples of the
default system behavior:
If you have questions or concerns about the privacy of your activities on
this site, post to an appropriate discussion forum or contact us at email@example.com. Urgent security issues should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- most areas of the site are completely public and do not require you
to identify yourself in any way; this is to encourage visitors
- if you do choose to log in, your email address, your
and the direct link to your Brandeis directory entry (if any) are kept
hidden from non-registered users; this is mostly to keep spam robots
from harvesting your address
- your email address is provided to other registered users on
request; this is to faciliate dialogue among community members
- the complete history of everything you've posted on the site is
available to anyone; this is so that people may assess the credibility
of your contributions
- the history of things that you've looked at or purchased aren't
available to anyone except the site administrators and will not be shared
except as required to deal with technical problems or to comply with
court orders, law enforcement directives, disciplinary proceedings, or other legitimate purposes; we're not going to betray your trust
- you must use a verifiable email address (either @brandeis.edu or an external address verified by sending you an email security token) before you can post messages, add items, or use the classifieds; this is to protect the site from spammers and other illicit use.
- your password is protected by standard SSL encryption when you log
in; this is to protect other systems where you may use the same password
- your session is usually not encrypted after the initial login,
and you are allowed to save a cookie on your computer for "automatic"
login; this is for convenience and speed, but security conscious users should keep
it in mind
- we do not send unsolicited email
Back to top.
myBrandeis Copyright Notice
All the text and pictures on this Web server are copyright 1999-2005 by the community contributors and/or Brandeis University.
For commercial web posting, reprint, or licensing requests for material posted on myBrandeis, please contact the appropriate copyright holder. If you know who the author is, contact them directly for copyright permission. Otherwise contact email@example.com or the Office of Media Relations, +1-781-736-4205. Additonal copyright information is available at the University copyright page.
- Discussion forum comments are the property of their respective poster.
- Classified listings are the property of their respective poster.
- Calendar items are the property of the posting department, club, or organization.
- Images posted by Media Relations and other Brandeis offices and departments are the property of Brandeis University. Images posted by individuals are the property of the individual poster as credited.
Individual reprinting allowed for personal, non-commercial use only. Individual or organizational online posting of myBrandeis content is allowed for non-commercial use only. Such use requires an appropriate attribution to the original author and this site, including an HTML link to the page on myBrandeis on which the content was originally posted.
Back to top.
myBrandeis Guidelines and Policies Changes Policy
Brandeis University, Web Technology Services, and LTS reserve the right to modify these guidelines at any time.